It has become quite common to hear about online frauds; the credit card divisions of banks are working overtime trying to identify online thefts and resolve disputes. From the consumer’s point of view, they can neither live with online transactions nor deny their existence which makes it important for them to learn to be safe when doing online business.
Here are a few tips to ensure you stay safe as much as possible because the best security steps can be breached.
- You must always rely on passwords that are hard to crack. A good and strong password will be one that is a nice mix of upper- and lower-case letters, special characters and numbers. Do not repeat your password for all your online accounts. Ensure that you change your password frequently. Most importantly do not reveal your password to anyone, not even the link that a bank sends or a phone call supposedly from your bank because banks and internet providers will never ask you to reveal your passwords.
- Always log out of your shopping sites once done and don’t store your passwords or username on your computer of any website. Even the security questions that you use or your security questions must be unrelated to you and hard to guess.
- Do online transactions only on the website that appears with https://; you must look carefully and not miss the “S” at the end which is what signifies the security of the site.
- Use only secure internet connections for all online shopping.
- Ensure that you are using the latest firewall and antivirus in your system as they come loaded with the required armory to beat new scams and hacks.
- Invest in ad-blocking software and update it regularly. For businesses, the best solution would be to engage the services of any company that provides video onboarding. Learn more about video onboarding and the related benefits if you want all your online transactions to be safe.